Discover more from Roots2Words
Roots2Words Quiz: September 2023
Test your vocabulary knowledge!
Saturdays are perfect days for edifying surprises. Surprise—it's time for a pop quiz! Let's see if you've been paying attention over the last month...
For each of the following five definitions, select the word defined. Answers are at the end of the question set.
1. Irreverent, disrespectful, or contemptuous of a god or religion; irreligious:
(A) viscous (B) canny (C) dilatory (D) profane (E) sovereign
2. Hand-to-hand combat, often disorderly or confused; any state of confusion or turmoil:
(A) conurbation (B) proclivity (C) melee (D) neophyte (E) euphemism
3. Showing exceptional care and effort; attentive and persistent:
(A) diligent (B) jaundiced (C) imperative (D) insipid (E) fractious
4. To attack verbally; to explain or go over repeatedly or more than necessary:
(A) mortify (B) adjudicate (C) mesmerize (D) propound (E) belabor
5. Unambiguous; clear; unquestionable:
(A) noctilucent (B) unequivocal (C) acrimonious (D) apoplectic (E) arbitrary
ANSWERS: 1. D 2. C 3. A 4. E 5. B
[If you didn't get 5 out of 5, go back and review last month's words!]